September 26, 2006

"Did you REALLY get confirmed?"


THIS WEEK'S SHOW
Wed., September 27, 2006, 6 to 7 pm
Hosted by Eddie DOG (Disciple of God)
In-house Guest: Alana Antolak, Actress and Model

Many of us got confirmed at our local parish during our senior year in High School. It is during this sacrament when the Holy Spirit comes upon us, touches our lives and keeps our faith burning.

Right after confirmation, most of our youth are burning with the Holy Spirit - they are brimming with spirituality. But after high school, the story more often than not changes.

A recent article in ParishWorld.net talked about a study that reported six out of ten twentysomethings were involved in a church during their teen years, but have failed to translate that into active spirituality during their early adulthood.

The question is this: When you received the Sacrament of Confirmation, did you really "confirm" your belief and love for Jesus, our Lord?

Tell us your what you think. Share it with us at this week's Generation Connexion. Call in with your comments and join the fun.

Or you can post your comments right here and get it read on the air by Eddie DOG.

You tell us. We would like to hear from you. Let us know what you think and we will discuss your comments on the air. Please sign your comments with your first name and the the city where you live.

(Click here to listen to a live feed of the show from El Sembrador AM1670. Click RADIO VIVE when the site opens to begin listening.)

(
Click here to view the many articles you can find in www.ParishWorld.net, America's Catholic Lifestyle Magazine. Be informed, be inspired, be blessed. )

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:48 PM

    I read the article linked to your blog. And it is true. I also fell away from the Church after high school. And didn't make it back until after my son was born. College is a really big social change for young people. It is very easy to forget God when you are in an alien place, ammong new friends. But it was my strong spiritual background in high school that became the anchor that eventually brought me back. And my faith now is even stronger than I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:29 AM

    My faith remains strong in college. I hang out with other Catholics and that makes our faith stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:51 PM

    I am in confirmation class this year at my parish but I feel like my parents are just forcing me to go. I want confirm when i want to be confirmed. Not because my mom wants me to be confirmed. What do I do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:26 PM

    I am in high school and I'm going through Confiration this year. My faith is strong and I want that to be strong even when I'm older. What can I do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:34 PM

    I'm a new listener... This is a great show. You got me every week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:45 PM

    We need more youth programs in our parish here in Sta. Fe, NM. There's mostly old people in our parish and maybe we handful of young people need to take matters into our hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:51 PM

    When I confirmed I was really touched by the Holy Spirit. I was sobbing during my retreat. I felt the Holy Spirit - what an experience. My love for Jesus remains strong even when now that I'm in college. Specially in this college.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Hey Alana and Eddie! I found your live audio feed through parishworld.net. This is really tight. I'm actually listening to you! No El Sembrador signal on the radio where I live. Now I can get you. awesome.

    ReplyDelete